Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ranger's Apprentice News

Some of you may remember reading The Ruins of Gorlan, the first book in the Ranger's Apprentice series. Your reviews were mixed; generally you thought it was a good book, but didn't feel it had enough substance. I suggested patience, as it was the first in a series and felt it had laid the groundwork for a good story if you wanted to keep reading.

I've read the second book (but not the third yet) and stand by what I said. I think it's a good series. Apparently I'm not alone. The following blurb was in the weekly email I get from Publisher's Weekly:

Film rights for the Ranger's Apprentice series by Australian author John Flanagan have been optioned by United Artists Films. Director and producer Paul Haggis will adapt and direct a series of movies, in a seven-figure deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home