Monday, December 11, 2006

Well, Well . . .

In answer to your earlier question, Nick, about what other familiar tale is woven into the reworking of the Medusa myth--Does the nickname Baby Baer sound at all familiar? Or how about these quotes from chapter two:
Dad pointed to his leather chair.
"Someone's been sitting in my chair!" he said.

"Hey," she said, when she dipped her hand into the box. "Someone's been eating my cereal!"

"What's up, Parker?"
"Dad . . . someone's been sleeping in my bed."
The only other thing I'll say about this book is that it's the first in a series following this theme. The other two written so far are Red Rider's Hood and Duckling Ugly.

Since everyone was busy and Nick and David thought getting a good grade in band was more important than joining us, it was just Maggie and me tonight. We had a nice little chat, then broke out the Xbox and tested our new (used) copies of Sonic Mega Collection Plus to make sure they're not scratched. Very fun.

The next book is Monster Blood Tattoo: Foundling. It's a big, thick, meaty one, so don't wait until the last minute to pick it up. I figured everyone can handle it since you'll have two weeks with no school. It looks like a good one (and a more traditional swords and sorcery type, at that).

I'll send out an update about the Eragon movie once showtimes are published on Friday. You can count on meeting here at 2:00 Sunday afternoon, no matter what. If you're riding to/from the theater with me, I'll need parental permission. Friends and family are welcome to join us. See you soon.

1 Comments:

At 12/14/2006 3:55 PM, Blogger Nick C. said...

i guess i didn't think twice about those quotes... hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home