Thursday, November 30, 2006

Dreadlocks are so out of style....


Dreadlocks was WAY too predictable. I was practically shouting at the character that Tara was Medussa and when Tara told Parker where her sisters were and why they both were made of stone, it gave away the ending. It was an alright plot line, i like the fact that it was a modern day twist to an ancient myth. i also like the fact that they present the possibility that Perseus might have died in attempting to kill Medussa. In the end, the author gave away too many details, which didn't provide for the suprise ending which i had hoped would happen.

9 Comments:

At 12/03/2006 9:17 PM, Blogger Nick C. said...

No, i didn't catch the other one, what was it?

 
At 12/04/2006 8:11 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I can't tell you - that would be too easy. You'll have to see if you can figure it out. :-)

 
At 12/04/2006 8:11 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I debated for a long time whether to select this one for us because it is a bit simpler and more slight than many of the books we read. I ultimately went with it because I thought we might want a quicker read with finals and the holidays and all (don't worry, the next one is quite meaty). Also, despite being able to see the end coming, I enjoyed the book. I may have known where we were headed, but still enjoyed seeing how the story unfolded. Really, I think Shusterman chose to give away the ending by starting with that one-page prologue. I would have enjoyed it more if he hadn't, so I've wondered why he did.

And the medusa myth isn't the only familiar story woven into this book. Did you catch the other one?

 
At 12/04/2006 8:12 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh, and the image is a nice touch.

 
At 12/04/2006 8:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

If you are wanting to read these comments in the correct order, they were actually written: #3 first, followed by #4, then #1 and #2, and finally this one and anything after. I posted 3 an 4 with my other blogger identity and just now caught it, so I deleted reposted them. Sorry for the confusion.

 
At 12/09/2006 8:57 AM, Blogger Kitten said...

i havent finished yet

 
At 12/09/2006 9:35 AM, Blogger Chris said...

you have to whole weekend in front of you :-)

 
At 12/11/2006 5:55 PM, Blogger Kitten said...

finished it b/c i did oragami while my friend read it to me

 
At 12/11/2006 6:09 PM, Blogger Chris said...

cool. sounds like a fun way to read it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home