Monday, November 06, 2006

Questions and Warnings

One week until The Water Mirror. I'm hearing good things from those who've finished it. We have two more copies just sitting here collecting dust and there is still time to read it. Come get one if you haven't.

Does anyone else read Lemony Snicket? I've finished The End, the thirteenth and final book in the series. Very nice. I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone, but can discuss it on the side if you're interested.

What else has everyone been reading?

In looking for books for us to read I've tried to find recently published ones that sound good and have gotten good reviews. I've been fairly happy with the results, but have noticed that we aren't getting too many traditional swords & sorcery, wizards & knights, dragons & castles type books. Does this bother anyone, or are you OK with the selections we've been reading?

My sister's right," Klaus said. "It's ridiculous to argue about volunteers and henchpeople when we're standing on a coastal shelf in the middle of the ocean."

"Don't be so sure, orphan," Olaf replied. "No matter where we are, there's always room for someone like me." He leaned down close to give Klaus a sneaky smile, as if he were telling a joke. "Haven't you learned that by now?"

1 Comments:

At 11/11/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger beingme said...

jThis is crystal and I'm okay with the selection...the ones I've read have been slow...I'm hoping to read some of your past selections like poison and peeps. I'll tell you what I think when I've read more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home